You are hereNational Veterans Center
National Veterans Center
The MISSION of the National Veterans Center is to provide career-oriented employment and community-based job preparation training to Veterans with significant disabilities, with an emphasis on Wounded Warriors and Disabled Veterans living with Physical Disabilities, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), and Traumatic Brain Injury.
The National Veterans Center (NVC) is housed within HSC Foundation’s National Youth Transitions Center (NYTC). The NVC will bring together several nonprofit organizations that serve all Veterans including Wounded Warriors and Disabled Veterans with support in the following areas: Job Training, Transition to civilian employment, job placement and post-secondary education guidance.
The NVC occupies space on the 2nd floor of the NYTC which is designed to bring maximum comfort level to participating veterans. It includes a fully-equipped training center that has the flexibility to be configured in classroom style with desks and chairs, theater style with rows of chairs, and meeting style with a center table and chairs. Additionally, it has a lounge area where veterans can informally meet to provide peer support and share networking opportunities.
National Veterans Center Coursework
- Computer training in Microsoft Office Suite
- Resume Writing
- Interviewing Skills
- Job Search Techniques
- Life Skills classes
- Entrepreneurship training
- Starting your own Business
- Training on how to conduct business with the federal government
- Job placement assistance by training vets to find employment through search engines, networking, and working with other agencies
College Preparation Assistance
- Assist Veterans with applying to College and Universities.
- Provide assistance to Veterans with applying for their VA benefits.
- Assist Veterans with applying for financial aid and scholarships.
- Provide Veterans with the support they need to navigate the bureaucracy they face on campus.
- Assist Veterans with identifying peer support groups and how to utilize on-campus resources.
- Assist Veterans with transferring of their military experience into academic credits.
- Establish veteran-focused career transition services.
The National Veterans Center (NVC) hosts events which benefit young veterans, including young veterans with disabilities
No current events at this time. Please check back.
2013 H Street NW, 2nd floor
Washington, DC 20006
Contact Us Online